Hunters Inn is set in the Heddon Valley, Parracombe, Exmoor. There has been an inn on the site since the eighteenth century, at that time mostly serving the local farming population. The inn was re-opened in 1906 after the original thatched inn was destroyed by fire. In the Victorian era the towns of Lynton and Lymouth became popular tourist destinations and known as ‘little Switzerland’ it was this that influenced the design of the current building to resemble a Swiss Chalet. Find out more about the history of Hunters Inn.
Images are from the archives of the Parracombe Archaeology and History Society (PAHS), past residents and are provided by kind permission of their owners. All images are copyright of their respective owners.