Meeting Minutes 4 September 2018

Draft minutes of a meeting held on Tuesday 4th September, 2018 at the village hall, Parracombe. The meeting opened at 7.30pm.

Councillors present:  Mr J Holtom (Chair),  Mr D Austin (Vice-Chair),  Mrs S Bastock, Mr S Cheetham,  Mr K Green . Cllr Davis, Cllr Gubb, Clerk: Mrs J Walters.

  1. APOLOGIES
    Mr W Fawcett , Mrs D Harding. Cllr Lovering. Police.
  2. POLICE MATTERS. Police newsletter reported 1 theft and 1 burglary dwelling in Parracombe. Speeding on the A39 is an ongoing issue Clerk is trying to get in contact with Martin Stoddart at highways but calls have not been returned.
  3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST.
    None at present.
  4. PUBLIC CONSULTATION.
    Report large hole in the road between Rowley Down and Rowley Barton, also blocked drain below the former post office.
  5. PLANNING.
    Consultation on Parracombe Conservation Area. There is a proposal to take the modern houses of Pencombe Rocks out of the conservation area. PC felt that the area is an integral part of the village and that being in the conservation area affords some protection to its trees under the works to trees in a conservation area policy. Resolution was made to oppose the removal of Pencombe Rocks from the conservation area. Proposed Cllr Bastock, seconded Cllr Green. All agreed.
  6. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.
    Minutes for the 10th July and 22nd August, 2018 were agreed and signed.
  7. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES. Village Hall purchase- The business case for the loan to buy the hall will be going online along with the meeting minutes. These are also on the village notice board. There has not been any progress with the legal process of the purchase. PC to ask our solicitor to push forward with the process.

    Community Plan – The Community Trust has been formed with a legal frame work, bank account and a committee for 6 mths. Next steps for proposed shop include signing up with Wessex to assist in sourcing funding, consultation and advisors. For this a donation of 3% of funds raised go to Wessex Trust. Business plan has been submitted to Wessex for review and to look at funding options. Will Bowden, a local architect has been asked to quote for drawing up plans for the Pavilion conversion and could look at alterations to improve the VH. The Trust would be custodians of assets. VH owned by the PC would be leased to the Trust. The Pavilion could to sold to the Trust for a nominal fee which would then help with match funding. The Trust would be responsible for the financial management of Pavilion and VH with committees to deal with the day to day running.
    Affordable housing- potential sites have been looked at but many are unsuitable. Other sites have been identified. Thank you to Cllr Austin for all his work on this project.
    DAAT night landing site- The light mast has gone up and the bill paid. There should be a surplus of £816 subject to being able to make a VAT claim. This would be used for ongoing maintenance. It was proposed that site management and funds be transferred (and ring fenced) to the Community Land Trust with the backing of Kentisbury and Arlington parishes. Proposed Cllr Austin, seconded Cllr Bastock. All agreed.
    Notice boards- Cllr green has consulted ENPA re planning regulations for notice boards. No permissions are needed for boards up to 1.5m2. Cllr Green to order 2 wall mounted boards, Capital A/C funds to be used for this purchase. All agreed.
    Tarr Path- A reply has been received from the hedge owners with work planned to start later this month. Advice was received from ENPA rights of way officer indicating that the path was not obstructed and the PC may not be justified in charging the hedge owners to have the work done. PC was minded to take this advice and Clerk to write to both parties.

  8. OTHER MATTERS.
    CORONATION PLAYING FIELD & PARK PAVILLION a) Coronation Playing Field- repairs to the fences have been completed. Play equipment has been checked and no problems reported. There have been complaints that the grass is very overgrown. Clerk to ask Gerald tombs for a grass cutting report. b) Park Pavilion- nothing to report. c) Hard Court- a crack has appeared in the hard court outside the marked area. Ask ground works company to look when they come to assess the car parking area.
  9. FINANCE.
    Accounts for payment£
    HMRC42.40
    Mrs J Walters- clerks wages & exps182.75
    Mrs S Winn- toilet cleaning226.00
    Mr D Austin – website data input and maintenance140.00
    PWLB D/D136.66
    TOTAL£707.81

    Chqs were agreed and signed.

    Financial reports: end August, 2018 Treasurers A/C £17,182.79 Savs £565.29, Cap £726.72 TOTAL £19,733.49
    Clerk to contact DALC for advise on reclaiming VAT.

  10. CORRESPONDENCE.
    Letter received from Kevin Harris, Clerk to Lynton and Lynmouth town council Request for written support to aid funding application for a storm gate to provide winter access to western beach, Lynmouth. All were in support, Clerk to write.
  11. MATTERS AT CHAIRMAN’S DISCRETION.
    The people who voluntarily cut the grass in the VH car park were confronted with human mess as well as the usual dog mess last month!! There is a public toilet in the playing field.
    It was enquired as to whether there would be funds available to clear the Pleasure Ground and use it?
    Meeting closed at 9.15pm Next meeting 6th November, 2018.

Parracombe Admin

Administrator for Parracombe community web site.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *