Minutes 10 July 2018

PARRACOMBE PARISH COUNCIL
Draft minutes of a meeting held on 10 July 2018 at the village hall, Parracombe.
Councillors present: Mr J Holtom (Chair), Mr D Austin (Vice-Chair), Mrs S Bastock, Mr S Cheetham, Mr K Green
Clerk: Mrs J Walters.

  1. APOLOGIES Mr W Fawcett ,Cllr Davis, Cllr Gubb, Cllr Lovering. Police
  2. POLICE MATTERS Police newsletter reported incidences of driving on public rights of way, reminded the public of the dangers of leaving dogs in a car and the increased risk of moorland fires in the hot, dry weather.
  3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST None at present.
  4. PUBLIC CONSULTATION Within the review of definitive rights of way for this and neighbouring parishes an application has been made to upgrade the bridleway to a by-way over Homer Common to Challacombe. Although not entirely within our parish it will affect some landowners. Allowing motorbikes access to this land would have an adverse effect on the animals grazing the common. It is also a SSSI and has archaeological features which need protection. The PC will oppose this when it comes up. Some alterations to the definitive R of W map have been put forward, this information has been circulated and a response will be made before the September deadline.
    There has been an increase in the amount of dog mess around the village. Parishioners are reminded of their responsibility to clear up after their dog. Also of the importance of worming them regularly to prevent the possibility of eye disease in children and lambs being rejected at slaughter due to internal damage caused by dog worms.
  5. PLANNING Retrospective planning consent has been granted for Heale Farm.
  6. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING Minutes for the 8th & 23rd May and 19th June, 2018 were agreed and signed.
  7. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES Village Hall purchase- The RAOB have moved out and have signed a contract and overage with their advisors. Our solicitor has not seen these documents and has sent a recognised document. The deposit has been paid.
    The CLT committee suggested that we purchase the Hall through a PWLB agreement. This is a long term, low interest loan to be paid off through the precept. In the short term parishioners have offered a temporary loan whilst a PWLB agreement is set up. A resolution to proposed by Cllr Bastock and seconded by Cllr Green to go ahead with this option. All agreed.
    Community Plan- A steering group has been formed for a Parracombe Trust which incorporates a CLT and a Community Benefit Society, which has a legal status for fundraising. Once this is set up there will be public meeting to formalise the Trust and elect a committee. It is planned to hand over the running of the village hall to the CLT under a lease agreement once the freehold is secured. Affordable housing plans will be moved forward with reference to the survey results and potential sites ( 2 have been identified) with help from the Wessex Trust. Wessex will also help with plans for Community Enterprises to establish a share plan to raise funds for a shop. The needs of the school will be included in all the plans.
    DAAT night landing site- Planning application has been approved, contractors should be ready to start work this month. Waiting for ENPA to advise on what colour the pole is to be painted.
    Notice boards- It is hoped to site one at Bodley Cross and re-locate the current board to the Fox and Goose car park. The boards would be open to allow local events to be advertised alongside PC notices. Cllr Green to contact ENPA for advice.
  8. OTHER MATTERS CORONATION PLAYING FIELD & PARK PAVILLION a) Coronation Playing Field- Upgrading of equipment has on hold but is still planned. Bruce Edgington is checking the equipment regularly for us. Thank you. A quote from Mark Dallyn to redo fence at the lower entrance to the park, repair fence in car park, posts for chain link fence, children’s play area and fence at the top of the bank. Total £543 inc VAT. b) Park Pavilion- nothing to report. c) Hard Court- Cllr Green along with Kevin Marshall and Bruce Edgington have treated the moss and cleared the hard court- thank you. Shading is a real issue here. It was decided look into the cost of crown reduction on the beech trees when the next survey is done.
  9. FINANCE Accounts for payment £
    • HMRC 42.40
    • Mrs J Walters- clerks wages & exps 181.53
    • Mrs S Winn- toilet cleaning 225.00
    • Devon Communities – membership 50.00
    • Mr D Austin – website data input and maintenance 140.00
    • Slee Blackwell- deposit on VH purchase 3500.00pd
    • Slee Blackwell -fees 145.00pd
    • SWW- quarterly bill 11.88
    • Gerald Tombs- grass cutting to date 390.00
    • Bruce Edgington- moss clearing exps 41.53
    • TOTAL £4,727.34

    Chqs were agreed and signed.
    Financial reports: end June, 2018 Treasurers A/C £18,441.48 Savs £565.29, Cap £726.72 TOTAL £19,733.49

  1. CORRESPONDENCE Cllr Davis report was read and will be posted separately
    Letter from James Tucker regarding Tarr Path was read. The PC resolved to write again to the owners of the bordering hedge asking that it be laid, it was agreed that quotes would be sort for the work. These to be forwarded to hedge owners also. A response from the owners outlining their intentions was requested by our September meeting. Gerald Tombs was asked to clear the hedge banks and Alan Dart will asked to quote for surface maintenance when he is looking at the playing field car park.
  2. MATTERS AT CHAIRMAN’S DISCRETION The Clerk reported that an election had not been requested to fill the PC vacancy. Mrs Debbie Harding indicated that she would be willing to be co-opted onto the PC. All agreed. The co-option form was signed and Debbie was welcomed as a new councillor.

Meeting closed at 8.55pm. Next meeting 4th September, 2018.

Parracombe Admin

Administrator for Parracombe community web site.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *