Minutes 23 July 2019

PARRACOMBE PARISH COUNCIL
Draft minutes of a meeting held on 23 July 2019 at 19:30 at the village hall, Parracombe.
Councillors present: Cllrs. Holtom (chairman),
Mrs S. Bastock, Cheetham, Green and Mrs D Harding
Clerk: Mr D Hatherley.

Introduction and welcome by the Chairman
The Chairman welcomed and introduced the new Clerk, David Hatherley, to the Parish.

  1. APOLOGIES
    Cllr Austin and Cllr Fawcett
  2. POLICE MATTERS
    None to report.
  3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
    Whilst one Member declared an Interest in the Village Hall project it was not deemed that it fitted into, ‘financial’, ‘family’ or ‘business’ criteria.
  4. PUBLIC CONSULTATION
    No matters raised.
  5. PLANNING
    62/43/19/005LB (Listed building) – Birch Cottage, Martinhoe, Parracombe, Barnstaple, Devon Listed Building Consent for the conversion of first floor attached Shippon to form ancillary accommodation plus remedial works and alterations to dwelling. It was noted that provision had been given to bats and birds and therefore the Council supported the application.
    62/43/19/004 – Birch Cottage, Martinhoe, Parracombe, Barnstaple, Devon -Proposed conversion of first floor of attached Shippon to form ancillary accommodation plus remedial works and alterations to dwelling. It was noted that provision had been given to bats and birds and therefore the Council supported the application
    62/50/19/009 – Sunnyside Farm, Parracombe, Devon – Lawful Development Certificate for the existing use of Sunnyside Farm as two independent properties. The Council had no objections concerning this Certificate and therefore the Council supported the application
    62/43/19/003 – Springside, The Bay Apartments, Woody Bay, Parracombe, Barnstaple, Devon – Lawful Development Certificate for the existing use of apartment as a residential dwelling. The Council had no objections concerning this Certificate and therefore the Council supported the application.
    Section 119, Highways Act 1980: Proposed diversion of public footpath12 (part) – Parish of Trentinhoe. The Council were in favour of this diversion
    Section 119, Highways Act 1980: Proposed diversion of public bridleway 1 (part) – Parish of Martinhoe. The Council were in favour of this diversion
    Section 26, Highways Act 1980: Proposed creation order: Parish of Martinhoe The Council were in favour of this creation order
    Other planning matters
    The Chairman reported that the affordable housing application had been submitted by Wessex CLT on behalf of Parracombe Community Trust.
    The Chairman also reported that following a site meeting an application by Mr And Mrs Swannick for their site at Bodley Lane was expected shortly.
  6. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING
    The Minutes of the June meeting were signed as a correct record.
  7. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
    The Chairman reported that he had attended the planning meeting concerning item 62/43/19/005LB (Listed building), 62/43/19/004 Birch Cottage on planning applications.
    A Member asked if the County Council had been approached as to erecting dog fouling notices on the playing field. The Clerk was asked to check.
    Village Hall lease from PPC to PCT – Matter of lease from PPC to PCT is in solicitor’s hands.
    PCT Update (affordable Housing) – It was noted that the PCT (Parracombe Community Trust) would be meeting tomorrow evening (24th July 2019)
  8. OTHER MATTERS
    Bodley Lane – Large vehicles – The Chairman reported that large HGVs had been using Bodley Lane and that was not designed for that type of vehicle use. It was noted that damage to property had been made and asked if the Council could put up ‘No HGV signs’ – Action Clerk to contact Highways
    Councillor Vacancy – The Chairman announce that he had received written notification that Councillor Fawcett was to move out of the area. The Clerk was asked to put in motion the procedure to obtain a new Councillor
    P.R.O.W. Updates in neighbouring parishes – The Chairman reported that the Public Right Of Way between Lower Cowley and Kentisbury. Footpath, number 12 & 13, was in need of support and the Councillor gave their full backing to this project
    Quotation for Grass cutting – The Chairman had received one quotation for the grass cutting of the village recreational area, which included the small children’s playground as well as the larger playing field, of £160 per cut. It was agreed to accept the quotation from Cut Above but limit the number of cuts remaining this season to four and that a further tendering exerciser would take place next year. – Action Chairman
  9. FINANCE

Accounts for payment

  • Mr D Austin – Postage stamps £24.64
  • South West Water – Pavilion £38.73

To agree accounts for June 2019

The Clerk reported that he had only received the account the previous day and hoped by the next meeting he will have a full insight into the present financial situation and a fully report will be given then

Bank reconciliation:  Not completed

  1. GOVERNANCE
    Annual Governance and Accountability Return and statement of account year ended 31 March 2019.
    The Chairman reported the council had to this year complete the annual governance and accountability return (AGAR) part 3 as our turnover was in excess of £25,000. Councillor Austin had completed the return and made up the annual statement of accounts and they had been internally audited. The Chairman signed them off during the meeting and that they would be posted off tomorrow.
  2. CORRESPONDENCE
  3. MATTERS AT CHAIRMAN’S DISCRETION
  4. ITEMS FOR THE NEXT MEETING
    To revise the Standing Orders– Action Clerk to distribute a copy to all Members before the next meeting
    Roles and Responsibilities – Action Chairman to form a list of responsibility headings before the next meeting
    Tennis Court – Wooden panels surrounding part of the tennis court. It had been noted that the panels surrounding part of the tennis court had been moved but were also in a poor state of repair. It was agreed to obtain a costing for new panels before the next meeting – Action Chairman
    Decoration of the village hall door and notice boards

To confirm the date of the next meeting – Tuesday 3rd September 2019 at 7.30pm
A member informed the Members that £1325 had been made the previous Sunday from The Open Garden Day. They were congratulated on this magnificent sum and were told that all money raised would be going to Parracombe Community Trust funds.

The meeting finished at 20.26

Parracombe Admin

Administrator for Parracombe community web site.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *