Minutes 4 July 2017

PARRACOMBE PARISH COUNCIL
Draft minutes of a meeting held on Tuesday 4th July, 2017 at the village hall, Parracombe.
Councillors present: Mr J Holtom (Chair), Mrs S Bastock (Vice-Chair), Mr I Tansley, Mr S Cheetham, , Mr D Austin, , Mr K Green.

Clerk: Mrs J Walters.

  1. APOLOGIES Cllr Yvette Gubb, Cllr Lovering. Lynton police.
  2. POLICE MATTERS Apologies were received form PCSO Cleverdon, her report has been circulated. A reply from Inspector P Searle has been received in response to our concerns over reduced policing in our area. There was nothing in the letter addressing these concerns so a further response is being considered.
  3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST Cllr Bastock re Village Hall, Cllr Holtom re Affordable housing, Cllr Austin re website.
  4. PUBLIC CONSULTATION No one has come forward for co-option so there remains a vacancy on the PC.
    Before the fire there was a commemorative bench in the school playground to Rev. Morrison. Does anyone know what happened to it?
    Parracombe Springs trough at Churchtown has not had any water flowing for sometime can anything be done? Clerk to contact SWW to find out.
    There is a public meeting 5th July at 6.30pm in Lynton Town Hall were SW Ambulance Trust will explain way why the rapid response vehicle has been withdrawn.
    Cllr Davis’ report Thanked voters for her re-election. She now has 6 extra parishes so there will be meeting clashes. All PC’s are asked to contact her in advance if there are particular issues which need her support so she can plan to attend the meeting. Cllr Davis has been given the Waste Management Portfolio at DCC and is Deputy Chairman of ENPA.
    Support was offered to the Parish for the PROW review which is underway. The meeting held before the PC meeting was well attended and the Clerk has maps and forms for submitting evidence to the review.
    A public consultation period has begun regarding the upgrade to the North Devon Link Road.
    Highways issues- please report these to the website. This can include any highway not just in our parish.
    There is an Affordable Housing meeting at NDH on Friday, 7th July.
  5. PLANNING WTCA 17/09 Parracombe Recreation Ground. T52 reduce limb over car park by 3 metres; T53 reduce to habitat monolith; T54 crown lift over road to 5 metres; T56 re-pollard; T61 remove heavy stem leaning over car park. Parracombe Parish Council. As applicant the PC can make no representation.
  6. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING These were agreed and signed for May.
  7. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES Affordable housing a Lottery Award has been granted to fund the costs of a housing needs survey. Colin Savage suggested mid September for this to go out.
    Village Shop Thank you to all those working so hard to get the community shop idea up and running. Matt Walls, for the Post Office, has received a formal resignation from Kevin Marshall. He re-affirmed that continuity of contract was necessary to keep the Post Office as a community service. The possibility of using the Fox and Goose lounge as a temporary PO is being looked into. Tenure of local buildings is being explored and the Clerk confirmed that she has the playing field deeds. There are plans to visit Community shops and to send out questionnaires for those shops. It was suggested that a newssheet could be circulated to keep the parish informed. Next committee meeting is Monday 10th July.
    Works to trees at Dunbar Cottage The Parish Council was concerned that property owners and contractors should be aware of the steps necessary for works to trees in a conservation area. Robin Offer ENPA suggested a protocol could be drawn up. Put on agenda for next meeting.
    Highways parishioners are encouraged to keep reporting problems.
    Website Cllr Austin to apply for funding from North Devon for IT equipment and up to 50 of work on the website.
    L & B Railway Cllr Holton has been in contact with ENPA regarding wildlife sites and public rights of way. The application will not be considered before September.
  8. OTHER MATTERS CORONATION PLAYING FIELD & PARK PAVILION a) Coronation Playing Field quotes will be sort for new play equipment. Clerk to contact Gerald about grass cutting over the summer. b) Park Pavilion nothing to report. c) Hard Court in regular use for tennis now.
    VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE REPORT- Minutes were circulated by Cllr. Bastock. Some painting work to the outside of the hall could be undertaken with current VH funds. Scottish Power contract is due for renewal, Cllr. Bastock to look into the details.
  9. FINANCE
    Accounts for payment

  • HMRC £42.40
  • Mr J Walters – clerks wages & exps £179.76
  • Mrs S Winn – toilet cleaning £236.25
  • SWW – quarterly bill (VH) £33.68
  • Scottish Power (VH) £183.65
  • SWW (Pavilion) £49.04
  • NDC – Alcohol license (VH) £70.00
  • Devon Communities Together – membership £24.00
  • TOTAL £586.78

Chqs were agreed and signed. Clerk to read playing field water meter as this has not been done for 6 months.
Financial reports: end Jan 2017 Treasurers A/C £20,133.70, Savs £565.04, Cap £726.36 TOTAL £21,425.10
Corrections to accounts were signed. Cllr Bastock has taken form to become a cheque signatory.

  1. CORRESPONDENCE Dealt with in other agenda items.
  2. MATTERS AT CHAIRMAN’S DISCRETION Community funding event report and possible funding with PC projects- discussed in reference to housing needs survey and website.
    Deer management scheme- Clerk to ask PC Beck for dates in September to discuss this.
    Meeting closed at 9.10pm. Next meeting 5th September, 2017.

Parracombe Admin

Administrator for Parracombe community web site.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *