PARRACOMBE PARISH COUNCIL
Draft minutes of a meeting held on Tuesday 5 March 2019 at the village hall, Parracombe.
Councillors present: Mr J Holtom (Chair), Mr S Cheetham, Mr W Fawcett, Mr K Green, Mrs D Harding
Clerk (acting): Mrs S Bastock (Cllr).
- APOLOGIES Mr D Austin (Vice-Chair)
- POLICE MATTERS A Newsletter has been forwarded to Cllrs. There were no reported crimes for Parracombe and Martinhoe.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST None
- PUBLIC CONSULTATION None
- PLANNING 62/50/19/003LB Church Cottage, Churchtown, Parracombe, Devon Listed Building Consent for the repair, alteration & extension of listed cottage together with repair & alteration of curtilage listed outbuilding & earthworks to rear of dwelling – No papers were available at the meeting. Councillors able to view the documents online were minded to approve as a sympathetic and well considered proposal.
62/50/19/002 Church Cottage, Churchtown, Parracombe, Devon Proposed repair, alteration & extension of listed cottage, together with repair & alteration of curtilage listed outbuilding & earthworks to rear of dwelling – No papers were available at the meeting. Councillors able to view the documents online were minded to approve as a sympathetic and well considered proposal.
Laburnum Cottage, Parracombe, Devon Proposed external alterations to vehicle storage barn & workshop.– The council approved of the proposal as a welcome improvement to the village street scene.
- MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING Minutes for the meeting on Tuesday 8 January 2019, were agreed and signed.
- MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES The Parracombe Community Trust (PCT) has appointed a solicitor to advise on appropriate governance and lease agreement for the recently purchased Village Hall. The insurance has been paid and 2 volunteer clean-ups have already taken place. The PCT are compiling a list of urgent matters. The remaining noticeboard should go up soon, weather permitting. The PCT has had a pre-application response from planning regarding affordable housing and is working on the design of the village shop. Highways’ response regarding blocked village drains/gullies was that no action could be taken until the next scheduled clean; waiting for confirmation on when this is planned.
- OTHER MATTERS PROW: Cllr Bastock attended a Public Rights of Way Committee meeting, where 2 proposals were approved regarding minor changes to Bridleways. The Parish would be consulted regarding any further proposals. EMERGENCY PLANNING: Cllr Fawcett attended an Emergency Planning Workshop, arranged by Devon Communities Together. £1,500 funding may be available for emerging plans. It was agreed to add as an agenda item for the next meeting and Cllr Fawcett and Cllr Harding to form a sub-committee to look into this. OPEN GARDENS: have agreed funds would go to the Village Hall via the PCT. £1,500 was raised in entry fees last time. Proposed date Sunday 21 July. SIGNAGE: A new wooden sign will be made for the Tarr Path and Village Hall. The PCT will also put up a sign at the Village Hall to include logos and contact information.
- FINANCE Accounts for payment £: Mr D Austin Services 50.00, EDF Energy 28.82, SWW quarterly bill 29.89, Cleaner (Mar-Nov18) 201.35. TOTAL £310.06. Chqs were agreed and signed. Financial reports: at 16 January 2019 Treasurers A/C £15,552.92.
- Accounts for payment
- CORRESPONDENCE Next Exmoor Consultative Committee meeting at Withypool, Thursday 14 March, 7pm. Notice of refusal of Sunnyside Bungalow planning application.
- MATTERS AT CHAIRMAN’S DISCRETION It was agreed that advertising for a new Parish Clerk was a priority.
Meeting closed at 8.15pm. Next meeting first Tuesday in May – 7 May 2019.