PARRACOMBE PARISH COUNCIL
Draft minutes of a meeting held on Tuesday 6th March 2018 at the village hall, Parracombe. Meeting opened at 7:30
Councillors present: Mr J Holtom (Chair), Mrs S Bastock, (Vice-Chair), Mr I Tansley , Mr S Cheetham, Mr K Green, Mr W Fawcett. Cllr Davis, Cllr Gubb.
Clerk: Mrs J Walters.
- APOLOGIES Mr D Austin , Cllr Lovering. Police .
The PC was pleased to see Cllr Bastock at the meeting.
- POLICE MATTERS Nothing to report.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST Nothing at present.
- PUBLIC CONSULTATION Boundary Commission are looking at local election wards. Parracombe is likely to go into Lynton ward.
Cllr Davis gave her report. See separate notice
- PLANNING Updates : L&BR- officers recommendation was followed and conditional planning permission was granted. No work to commence before funding and all land is secured. 5 year period instead of the usual 3 years. Strict working practises are to be followed and monitored. Thank you to Cllr Holtom for all his work on the issue.
No update on Vention Wood.
- MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING Minutes were not available so will be signed at the next meeting.
- MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES Community Plan- Questionnaires have been evaluated and the results published. Indications are that there would be enough volunteers to help with a shop. Next step is to set up and invest in a Community Land Trust with the help of the Wessex Trust. Need to move on with this project- there will be a public meeting next month.
DAAT night landing site- Planning application has gone in to ENPA along with the planning fee (see finance).
Noticeboards- 1m x 1m box type with pvc cover cost £300- 800 online. Ask a local carpenter to quote.
- OTHER MATTERS CORONATION PLAYING FIELD & PARK PAVILLION a) Coronation Playing Field- Play equipment to be inspected this month. Clerk to ask Mark Dallyn to redo fence at the lower entrance to the park. b) Park Pavilion- nothing to report. c) Hard Court- Thank you to Cllr Cheetham and the work party for clearing the court.
VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE REPORT- Mr Howard-Baker has returned from holiday so we hope to move forward with the issue. A Friday night booking has been allowed. Decorating of the hall can go ahead with volunteers and a decorator to oversee the project. Speak to Devon Communities about the legal costs of acquiring the hall.
Accounts for payment
- HMRC £42.40
- Mrs J Walters- clerks wages & exps £179.76
- Mrs S Winn- toilet cleaning £200.00
- ENPA – Planning fee DAAT £231.00
- Mr D Austin – website data input and maintenance £140.00
- TOTAL £792.76
Chqs were agreed and signed. Clerk to speak to Cllr Austin about bank signatories.
Financial reports: end November, 2017 Treasurers A/C £25,048.60, Savs £565.04, Cap £726.36 TOTAL £26,340.00
- CORRESPONDENCE Exmoor Consultative and Parish Forum meeting 7th March 7pm Withypool. PC has been asked to update the meeting on our affordable housing project.
- MATTERS AT CHAIRMAN’S DISCRETION Clerk to speak to Sue Rawle and Jacqui, at the school, about village hall parking arrangements.
Meeting closed at 8.30pm. Next meeting May, 2018.