Minutes 7 November 2017

PARRACOMBE PARISH COUNCIL
Draft minutes of a meeting held on 7th November at the village hall, Parracombe. The meeting opened at 7:30pm.
Councillors present: Mr J Holtom (Chair), Mr I Tansley, Mr D Austin, Mr S Cheetham, Mr K Green
Clerk: Mrs J Walters.

  1. APOLOGIES Mrs S Bastock, (Vice-Chair), Cllr Davis, Cllr Gubb, Cllr Lovering.
  2. POLICE MATTERS POLICE MATTERS. PCSO Grace Cleverdon was in attendance. PC Langworthy is now in post. There was 1 crime reported for Parracombe . Mrs Govier raised the issue of excessive speed on the A39, Parracombe by-pass, which has lead to a number of accidents over the summer. There is real concern that this will only get worse as winter approaches particularly were there is water running across the road at Holworthy and towards Woody Bay station. Would a lower speed limit, 40 MPH, be possible? Also could there be a speed monitoring device? Clerk to contact highways.
    Work to remedy the drainage issues at Holworthy is in the system to be done.
  3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST None at present.
  4. PUBLIC CONSULTATION No one has come forward for co-option so there remains a vacancy on the PC.
  5. PLANNING 62/50/17/010 Proposed erection of summerhouse (2.19×2.19m) in garden. Werburgh, Parracombe. There were no objections to this building work going ahead.
    WTPO 17/07 Blackmoor Gate car park. Passed at planning committee.
    62/50/16/001 & 002 & 005. Lynton and Barnstaple Railway applications – amended and additional plans and information.
    These had only just been sent through. Some initial comments were made and an additional planning meeting was scheduled for 21st November, 2017. Clerk to invite Mr J White from ENPA planning dept.
    See separate minutes for full planning report.
  6. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING Minutes from 5th September and 3rd October, 2017 were agreed and signed.
  7. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES Community Plan- Final draft of the questionnaire has gone out for comments. Once results are received ENPA will work with us to develop a Community Plan. There will also be a drop in session.
    Village Shop & PO- Pavilion seems to be the most viable option. Grant funding is available from a variety of sources. Post Office would fund set up of their area.
    Parking- there would be a requirement to extend parking if the shop moves to the Pavilion, giving an opportunity to increase off road parking.
    Access to school- possibly a self enforced one-way system could run at drop off and pick up times.
    A Community Company would need to formed to carry out the Community Plan, Plunkett Trust and Wessex Trust could help a Community Land Trust to do this with a model set of rules and legal documents. Resolution- to form a Trust registered under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014. All were in favour, with support from members of the public.
    Highways- Bridleway signs at Church town ? Maybe a change of wording would discourage use as a general cut through.
    Website- Structure is built and content is being imported. Need to transfer ownership of the domain.
    DAAT night landing site- Site will be the field behind the Blackmoor Gate Market car park to the left of the market site. Need to put in a planning application and guidance has been sort. Some concern over 10m pole to accommodate the light. Light would be activated by telephone when the air ambulance needs to use the site. Funds are in place for the project. Thanks to everyone who has contributed.
  8. OTHER MATTERS CORONATION PLAYING FIELD & PARK PAVILLION a) Coronation Playing Field- Gerald Tombs has quoted £65 per visit to cut/strim the main field. With an increased frequency of cuts a budget of around £1000 was recommended to keep grass length down. All agreed. b) Park Pavilion- repair has been made to continually filling cistern. c) Hard Court- Needs leaf clearance, a volunteer group is to action this.
    VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE REPORT- Parish have indicated that they would like to buy the Hall and an offer has been made. Other offers have also been received by the estate agent. Old lease still carries over and renewal has been sort. Waiting for a response from RAOB and legal advise on a restrictive covenant. ENPA policy says that whilst the Community has a need for a village hall there cannot be a change of use. Cllr Green proposed a vote of thanks to Cllr Holtom for the last 12mths work on the hall issue. All agreed.
  9. FINANCE
  • Accounts for payment
  • HMRC £42.40
  • Mrs J Walters- clerks wages & expenses £183.68
  • Mrs S Winn- toilet cleaning £226.00
  • Resdevon- VH heating repair £257.28
  • Christchurch- churchyard maintenance £200.00
  • Christchurch- dry rot repair donation £500.00
  • SWW (Pavilion) £91.12 maybe due to broken cistern
  • EDF (Pavilion) £21.34
  • Gerald Tombs grass cutting 2017 £720.00
  • Poppy appeal donation £75.00
  • TOTAL £2216.82

Chqs were agreed and signed.
Financial reports: end October, 2017 Treasurers A/C £27,798.12, Savs £565.04, Cap £726.36 TOTAL £29,089.52
Budget for 2018/19- The Clerk presented figures for income and expenditure for the year to November. It was agreed that there would be ongoing expenses for the current projects and that the Precept should remain the same as last year at £6751.80. Prop Cllr Austin, Sec Cllr Cheetham. There may be an addition to this as the Parish grant is likely to be cut for the next financial year.

  1. CORRESPONDENCE Police and Crime Commissioners office- Our letter was acknowledged and we await a full reply.
    Christchurch PCC- letter asking for help towards cost of repairing dry rot damage in the church. There was some discussion and a donation of £500 was proposed. Vote 3 in favour, 1 abstention and 1 against. Donation of £500 was made.
    Dealt with in other agenda items.
  2. MATTERS AT CHAIRMAN’S DISCRETION

Meeting closed at 9.30pm. Next meeting 9th January, 2018.

Parracombe Admin

Administrator for Parracombe community web site.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *