PARRACOMBE PARISH COUNCIL
Draft minutes of a meeting held on Tuesday 4 June 2019 at the village hall, Parracombe.
Councillors present: Councillors present: Mr J Holtom (Chair), Mr D Austin (Vice-Chair), Mr S Cheetham, , Mrs S Bastock Mr W Fawcett Mr K Green and Mrs D Harding
In the absence of a clerk Mrs D. Harding took the minutes.
APOLOGIES Cllr Davis
ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING.
No parishioners attended the meeting.
- CHAIRMAN’S REPORT. The Parish Council has had another very busy year dominated by the purchase of the village hall. The continuing work by the Parracombe Community Trust in providing a village plan to include a shop, post office and affordable housing is ongoing. Thank you to everyone on the PC who have worked on these issues. A low to the year was losing our long term Clerk Jacky Walters. A thank you to our local Councillors for their contributions such as village clean up days, setting up an emergency plan purchasing and installing noticeboards. We would also like to thank all those whose efforts in the village contribute to our community life.
- FINANCIAL REPORT.The accounts were not ready due to our being without a clerk. Cllr Harding to contact NDDC and DALC to clarify the way forward.
- PARISH BUSINESS. As no public in attendance the meeting no matters were forthcoming.
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
- ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN Cllr Holtom stepped down as Chairman. He was nominated again by Cllr Green with the proposal seconded by Cllr Cheetham. There were no other nominations. All agreed.
- CHAIRMAN’S ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE Cllr Holtom accepted office and took the Chair. Thanks was given by Cllrs.
- ELECTION OF VICE-CHAIRMAN Cllr Holtom proposed Cllr Austin, this was seconded by Cllr Green. All agreed.
- POLICE MATTERS None received since the last newsletter distributed in May.
- PUBLIC CONSULTATION Non raised and no public in attendance.
- CONSULTATION AND PLANNING Broadipark Pre Planning Consultation. 1 large property plus 2 affordable units. Emails had been sent to Councillors concerning a meeting requested on site by Will Bowden Mr and Mrs Swannick’s agent for this project. Cllr Holtom read out a letter received by Mr and Mrs Swannick. Following discussion Cllr Holtom agreed to draft a response and attend a meeting if required.Lynton and Barnstaple Railway
5/4/19 NDDC 66617 Variation of Conditions 6,7,11,12,16, &17 attached to planning permission 60676
Following discussion Councillors agreed that the conditions should be upheld. The reason for this being that the Grampian conditions imposed by Exmoor Park Authority planning will not be undermined.
29/5/19 62/50/19/007 Vention Cottage Trentishoe
Following discussion Councillors regret that this was a retrospective application. Councillors would have expected an environmental survey before works commenced on this project.
17/5/19 62/36/19/001 Higher Cowley Farm Cowley Wood
Following discussion Councillors had no objection to this application.
Councillor Harding offered to send emails on behalf of Parracombe Parish Council to appropriate Planning Authority to voice the above comments.
- MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING Minutes from the meeting held on 7th May 2019 were read out by Cllr Holtom and agreed as accurate account.
- MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
Cllr Holtom reported that the lease between Parracombe Community Trust and the Parish Council for the village hall is currently being drawn up. Slee Blackwell in South Molton is acting for one party and the branch in Barnstaple is acting for the other. All agreed.
Dog fouling – ask NDDC for signs. who?
Pleasure Ground at the top of Ark Lane. A quote was received all agreed in principle.
The tree (diagonally opposite the village hall) had been reported as touching the electric cables. This has been removed by Western Power.
Trentishoe PC merger with Parracombe PC – noted that no formal representation has been received.
Parracombe Community Trust is meeting 5th June 2019 a report will be forthcoming at the next PPC meeting.
The Fox & Goose have confirmed that there is no objection to the PC registering the pub as a prospective community interest.
Cllr Green stated a noticeboard is still to be erected at Bodley Crossroads. Cllr Green to appeal to parishioners for help to complete this work.
Coronation Playing Field- Grass cutting is underway. Cut Above have done a good job and at a reasonable price. Cllr Holtom to ask for a quote from Cut Above for a maximum of 6 cuts from now to the end of the season. Cllr Holtom passed on that Cut Above commented that very little dog mess was discovered on the playing field.
Cllr Holtom informed Councillors that the Exmoor Local Plan was adopted in October 2018 and will be reviewed next year 2020.
Accounts for payment
Community First- PC Insurance £574.54
DALC membership £77.75
Mark Collins Cut Above (grass cutting) £165
Mrs S Winn- cleaning of pavilion £225.00
Devon Communities Together £50
SW water £74.21
EDF- quarterly bill £26.47
Mr D Austin- website hosting and maintenance Mar / Apr £50.00
Financial reports: 6th April 2019 C/A £19,341.48, Savings £565.29, Cap £726.72 TOTAL £20,633.49
This year, as a PC with a turnover of more than £25,000 we may have to seek an external audit as well as an Internal audit. Cllr Harding to find out and report back to the Council.
Cllr Austin proposed the money for the noticeboards should come from the capital account. All agreed. Cllr Austin to discuss with Locum clerk on Tuesday 11th June 2019.
Cllr Cheetham read a letter from Karen Farrington regarding an event the Exmoor Stumblers (a local charity raising funds for various charities) wish to hold at the Pavilion. It is thought there will be a meteor shower on the 13th August 2019. The Stumblers propose to hold an event on the Coronation field with people hopefully being able to witness this event via telescopes, maybe some will sleep overnight. They would like to provide food/refreshments from the Pavilion. All Councillors thought this a good idea and granted permission. All Councillors agreed not to charge as a donation to the event.
Cllr Austin had a letter from Exmoor Parks Parish Forum inviting Councillors to attend an event in Brendon on 13th June 2019 at 7pm.
- MATTERS AT CHAIRMAN’S DISCRETION
Cllr Austin has received 1 application for the post of Clerk from an experienced clerk.
Cllr Austin to circulate the CV.
Cllr Bastock offered to help with the interviewing process as her expertise is HR.
Cllr Austin suggested to the Councillors that we think about devising roles and responsibilities for us all to consider. To be discussed at the next meeting.
Cllr Holtom advised Councillors that the bags of salt has been collected from around the village. It is stored by the side of the village hall for use next winter.
Cllr Holtom thanked everyone for attending and was thanked by the meeting for all his work over the past year. There being no other business the meeting closed at 9.30pm. The next meeting provisionally (subject to accounts being ready) will be Tuesday, 25th June 2019.