PARRACOMBE PARISH COUNCIL.
Draft minutes of a meeting held on 30th January, 2013 at the village hall, Parracombe. The meeting opened at 7.30pm.
Councillors present: Mrs U Goode (Chair), Mr M Duncan, (Vice-Chair), Mr B Moore, Mr B Edgington, Mr I Tansley , Mr A Holland , Mr K Green .
DCC. Andrea Davis.
Clerk: Mrs J Walters.
- APOLOGIES. Cllrs.Yvette Gubb, Julia Clark. PCSO Grace Cleverdon
- POLICE MATTERS. Nothing to report.
- PUBLIC CONSULATION . None.
- PLANNING . Tree works at Church Cottage and The Haven, Churchtown, Parracombe. There were no objections to these tree works. All agreed.
The planning application for Parracombe Mill is to go to the planning committee at ENPA on 5th February, 2013.
- MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING. These were agreed and signed. However some Cllrs are not receiving e-mails sent from the Clerk or are unable to open the minutes in their current form. Prop Cllr Duncan, sec Cllr Goode that Clerk purchase an up to date Microsoft package and ask Dan Knapman to look at the e-mail. Budget around £100.
- MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES. Localism and Standards – Clerk spoke to the monitoring officer re PC obligations. At present forms completed are fine, details are to be published on the NDC website but as no time scale was given this is pending action.
School– a timeline for the planning, construction and reoccupying of the new scholl has been provided. Currently plans are being drawn up for submission to ENPA with construction due to begin in the summer holidays. The new building should be opened in February 2014.
Village improvements– Hedge cutting- Clerk to check how soon they can be done. Clerk to contact A&B to clear the verge from the school to the village phone box. Also, as there has been more fly tipping at the Pleasure ground, ask for a digger to re-instate the ditches so there is no access for vehicles. Prop Cllr Green, sec Cllr Moore, all agreed.
The Clerk was asked to carry out a review of assets.
A map of blocked drains is to be produced for Cllr Goode to give to Martin Stoddart at Highways.
- CORONATION PLAYING FIELD & PARK PAVILLION a) Coronation Playing Field- Clerk to Fred DeFalbe about the fence which was damaged by a fallen tree. Ask if it can be repaired or if time is not available offer to ask Mr Dallyn to do the work and forward the bill. Also raise concerns over the safety of some trees in the hedge opposite to South Ridge. All agreed. Contact NDC as park bins are not being emptied. Inspection book to Cllr Goode. b) Park Pavilion-. c) Hard Court- .
Accounts for payment £ Mark Dallyn- fence repair £45.90 RAOB VH hire in July SWW- quarterly bill £24.21 Mrs J Walters- clerks wages & exps 2 mths £223.66
Chqs were agreed and signed.
Financial reports: end Dec. C/A £8956.23, Savs £563.53, Cap £724.20 TOTAL £10243.96
Precept forms were agreed. No extra to be added to Precept from perceived grant shortfall as we had not asked for more than our maximum. However the additional grant to cover change in the tax base was taken up.
RoSPA- notice for inspection for March. Clerk to contact with view to having the inspection biannually.
County Councillors report to be put on notice board.
- MATTERS AT CHAIRMAN’S DISCRETION.Door of the telephone box in the village is missing. Enquiries to be made.Cllr Goode proposed that as part of village improvements the Parracombe enters the Best Kept Village completion run by CPRE and MVF. This was seconded by Cllr Green and all agreed. Bruce Aiken has said he would consider organising a working party to help with verge clearance and general tidying. Further details will be discussed at the next meeting. Cllr Green announced that he was stepping down from the Parish Council. He was thanked for his work. Clerk to contact NDC.
There being no further business the meeting closed at 9.15pm
Next meeting 27th February, 2013.