The Community Land Trust steering committee are pleased to announce that the Parracombe Community Trust has been registered.
As part of the Parracombe Parish Plan, the Trust has been formed with the following aims, to:
- Maintain or improve the physical, social and economic infrastructure within the Parish of Parracombe;
- Advance education (particularly concerning asset based community development and enterprises with a community or environmental focus);
- Facilitate community ownership of renewable energy production;
- Promote and support the arts locally;
- Function in accordance with the legal definition of a Community Land Trust;
- Promote and protect local heritage;
- Hold land in trust for its community.