Meeting Minutes 7 September 2021

A meeting of the above-named Parish Council held on Tuesday 7th September 2021 at 7.30pm
in the village hall.

Present: – Cllrs. Austin, S. Bastock, H Bloore, Cheetham, D Harding and Holtom (Chairman).
Also, in attendance, was District Councillor J Patrinos together with the Clerk and his wife

01/09/21 Welcome by the Chairman and Introduction

The Chairman welcomed all to the meeting and then asked for a minute’s silence to respect and honour ex-Councillor, Ian Tansley, who sadly died last week. This was duly respected.

02/07/21 Open Public Participation Session

There were no members of the public in attendance.

03/09/21 Police Report

This had been previously circulated to all members.

04/09/21 County Council Report

Nil

05/09/21 District Council Report

District Councillor J Patrinos reported that the District Council have concerns about the lack of housing in the area, eviction rate, and the fact that properties when they have come on the market go so fast.

Councillor reported that a dentist has hopes of opening a practice in Lynton if suitable facilities/properties become available. He hopes to obtain an NHS contract. Councillor Patrinos asks if he could have support for this venture by obtaining names of people who would use this service. It was agreed that a notice be put on the noticeboards and the Clerk will put it in next month’s Shammickite.

06/09/21 Exmoor National Park Authority update

  • The Chairman reported that three planning appeals have gone against the ENPA which is unprecedented.
  • Three new bicycle routes have been proposed.
  • He reported from the planning meeting regarding consideration of an application by the railway (L&BR) and the outcome in minutes of last ENP Meeting when a conditional consent was voted through. However, this required drafting a condition re carbon and the decision has not been issued. It is unlikely to be issued until issues raised by an objector’s solicitor (Tim Taylor of Foot Anstey for Mr & Mrs Grob), have been considered by the Planning Authority’s legal counsel. The points relate to the implementation of strengthened Grampian conditions following strong Member criticism of L&BR’s business plan and figures – it was suggested by ENPA Planning Officer that these could be implemented at discharge of condition stage, but this is disputed. If the dispute is confirmed to be valid, he understands the application will need to be re-considered as the Members were potentially unintentionally mis-informed, or the objectors will proceed to judicial review.
  • The Dark Skies event is to continue
  • The Glover report (review to consider the next steps for National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONBs) in England) has been pushed back until another session.

Closed Council session
07/09/21 To receive apologies for absence

Cllr. A Davies and Cllr. H Bloore gave their apologies retrospectively.

08/09/21 Declarations of Member’s Interests
Nil

09/09/21 To approve and to sign the Minutes of the meeting held on 6th July 2021

These were signed as being a correct record.

10/09/21 Matters arising

Nil

11/09/21 Casual vacancy for Parish Councillor

/1 No further updates

12/09/21 Parracombe Community Trust

/1 Progress on the village shop:

  • Austin reported that progress had been slow due to supply problems, but the building had now reached as high as the top of windows and doors. It is hoped to have the roof on by the end of October and a shop (of sorts) would be open for Christmas.
  • It was agreed to pass the remaining money on to the PCT from the grant the Council obtained for improvement to the play equipment.
  • The AGM is to be held Wednesday 29th September in the village hall at 7.30pm

/2 Affordable housing project:

It was reported that there was to be a drop-in session before the AGM to view and comment on the preliminary housing scheme design.

/3 Village Hall:

  • Austin reported that Devon Communities Together is to help with the funding application and the way forward.
  • It was reported that there is much work to be done in mending the floor bearers around the exterior walls. The roof as well as the kitchen needs upgrading.

13/09/21 Planning applications (New 1)

/1 62/50/21/011

Location: HILLSVIEW COTTAGE, PARRACOMBE, BARNSTAPLE, EX31 4QH

Proposal: Proposed replacement extension and alterations to dwelling, together with erection of single storey detached garage.

After discussion it was agreed to support, in principle, this application; however, great concern was voiced by all Members that the design of the flat roof was not in keeping with the present building and that it is not in keeping with the Conservation area. It was unanimously felt that the design should be revisited. Also, concern was voiced about the practicality of the flat roof design in an area of high rainfall.

Planning applications – pending (2)

/2 62/50/19/013

Rowley Moor Farm, Parracombe, Devon

Proposed conversion of stables to one Local Needs Affordable dwelling: – Under consideration by Officers.

/3 62/50/20/004

Location: Land in Field to the North of the A39 West of Holwell Wood, and Land on Access track to Rowley Barton. Proposal: Proposed reinstatement of railway line, creation of cutting and embankment previously removed together with new railway bridge (amendment to approved application ref 62/50/16/001): – Under consideration by Officers.

/3 Other planning matters

Nil

14/09/21 Finance:

/1 Additional payments made since the last notification of the agenda: –

A cut Above Playing field grass cutting £ 170.00

A cut Above Playing field grass cutting £ 170.00

Heddon Valley Marketing Website maintenance £ 195.00

Southwest Ambulance Service Defibrillators £ 3600.00

A cut Above Playing field grass cutting £ 170.00

Payments yet to be made: –

D J Hatherley Postage Stamps £ 12.99

D J Hatherley Salary June & July £ 245.76

D J Hatherley Paint for BT kiosks £ 164.40

/2 Financial report from the Clerk

The Clerk reported that the Council had only £2223.13 in the bank until October when the next instalment of the precept is due.

/3 External audit update

The audit has not been signed off due to minor clarification needed. The Clerk will keep the members updated.

/4 A proposal to close the Saving and the Business accounts from Lloyds Bank and to have one general account

After discussion, it was proposed by Cllr. Austin, seconded by Cllr. S Bastock and carried unanimously that both the accounts should be closed and amalgamated to the one current account.

/5 To update the Asset Register

The asset register was updated and will be signed off at the next meeting.

15/09/21 Roles and Responsibilities Reports if warranted

/1 PROWS: Footpaths & Bridleways:

Nothing new to report.

/2 Highways: Signage/Drains/potholes and surfaces:

Nothing new to report.

/3 Trees and Playing field equipment:

Nothing new to report.

/4 Emergency Planning and Snow warden:

After discussion it was agreed that the Clerk would draft a plan and with help from Cllr. Harding it would be brought before the next meeting.

/5 Liaison with school and Church:

Nothing to report.

/6 Website and publicity, communications:

Nothing to report.

/7 Liaison with PCT:

As stated above.

/8 Planning noting applications contact for affected parties and applicants & LPA

As stated above.

/9 Finance:

As stated above.

/10 Human resources:

Cllr. Bastock reported that she and the Clerk have met, and had a satisfactory annual review.

16/09/21 Defibrillators

It was reported that these have now arrived, and one would be placed in the Fox and Goose car park and the other in the village hall to await electrical fitting.

17/09/21 Correspondence

The Clerk circulated documents that had arrived through the post.

18/09/21 Update on the two-telephone kiosks

The interior fittings had now been removed by BT and the paint had arrived to repaint both kiosks. The Chairman had run through various uses suggested by members of the public.

19/09/21 To confirm the date of the next meeting

Tuesday 2nd November 2021 at 7.30pm in the Village Hall.

20/09/21 Items for the next agenda

As stated above.

The meeting finished at 20.52.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: