Minutes 13 October 2020

A virtual meeting of the above-named Parish Council held on Tuesday 6th & 13th October 2020 at 7.30pm
using Zoom as the internet meeting tool. The meeting was held in two parts, being forty minutes in duration each, with a ten-minute break in between.

Present: – Cllr’s. Austin (Chairman), S. Bastock, Cheetham, and D Harding

Also, in attendance, two members of the public together with the Clerk (13th October 2020)

DRAFT

The meeting held 6th October had to be abandoned as the technology did not work save but for one member of the public who stated that the ash trees along the railway are going to be felled because of ash die-back disease

01/10/20 The Chairman welcomed all to the meeting

02/10/20 Open Public Participation Session

A member of the public mentioned that more trees will have to be felled along the railway course due to ash die-back

03/10/20 Police Report
Nil

04/10/20 County Council Report
Nil but the Clerk will circulate the County Councillors written report – Action Clerk

05/10/20 District Council Report

Nil

06/10/20 Exmoor National Park Authorityupdate
Nil

Closed Council session
07/10/20 To receive apologies for absence
Cllr. Davis, Bloore & Holtom

08/10/20 Declarations of Member’s Interests
Nil

09/10/20 To approve and to sign the Minutes of the meetings held on 8th September 2020

The minutes were approved after the Clerk had deleted a line in item 12/09/20/02 that read “that money had been ring-fenced for the new shop”. That was incorrect and deleted

10/10/20 Matters arising
Nil

11/10/20 Casual vacancy for Parish Councillor

Nil

12/10/20 Possible merger with Trentishoe Parish update
It was agreed to delete this item from future agendas as the Council had not heard back from Trentishoe Parish Council

13/10/20 £10,000 was agreed to be spent on playground equipment (Minute 1693)

Cllr. Bastock was thanked for finding in past minutes that the Council on Tuesday 1st November 2016 (item 16/93) had set aside £10,000 for improvement to the play area equipment. After discussion it was pointed out that when the lease is signed for the new shop that this would also cover Coronation field which will include all the play equipment. It was mentioned that when work started the builders would be asked to remove some of the concrete bases that are no longer used and that after that the play area would be reviewed as to siting and needs.

The Clerk explained that he had been in contact with DALC and then NALC to find out the legal needs of the Council investing £12,000 in the share offer. The reply was positive, providing the Council could show a reasonable return. The Council will not receive a financial return from the project (other than potential interest in future years), but the village will receive significant benefit from the project and the council will have an investment in the bricks and mortar of the project and this in turn would be sound.

14/10/20 Parracombe Community Trust

/1 Progress on the village shop

Cllr. Austin reported that 78% of the target of £114,000 had been pledged with six days to go. The Committee are now looking at building drawings and plans to progress the project and putting the project out to tender with local builders. He asked if the Clerk would write the cheque and complete the application form asap. – Action Clerk

/2 Community share investment

As above

/3 Affordable housing project

Nothing to report

/4 Village Hall

Cllr. Austin reported that events have now restated in the Village Hall. The Committee were looking into upgrading some of the kitchen equipment.

15/10/20 Planning applications – new (3)

/1 62/50/20/012

Location: WEST MIDDLETON FARM, PARRACOMBE, BARNSTAPLE, EX31 4PG

Proposal: Proposed erection of a porch to the front elevation of West Middleton Farmhouse together with the erection of an Airband dish to the rear elevation of the farmhouse.

The Council had no observations to make with this application proving the applicant follows standard ENPA policy

/2 62/50/20/013LB
Location: WEST MIDDLETON FARM, PARRACOMBE, BARNSTAPLE, EX31 4PG

Proposal: Listed Building Consent for the erection of a porch to the front elevation of West Middleton Farmhouse together with the erection of an Airband dish to the rear elevation of the farmhouse.

The Council had no observations to make with this application proving the applicant follows standard ENPA policy

/3 62/50/20/014
Location: IVY COTTAGE, PARRACOMBE, BARNSTAPLE, EX31 4RJ

Proposal: Proposed variation of Condition 2 of approved application 62/50/18/006 to demolish existing single storey extension, replace dormers with rooflights and install windows, doors and rooflight.

The Council had no observations to make with this application proving the applicant follows standard ENPA policy. The Council felt this would be an improvement

Planning applications pending – (4)

/4 62/50/20/010

Location: COURT PLACE FARM, PARRACOMBE, BARNSTAPLE, EX31 4RJ

Proposal: Proposed alterations to studio (part retrospective) Approved with Conditions

The Council noted this decision

/5 62/50/20/011LB (Listed Building Consent)

Location: COURT PLACE FARM, PARRACOMBE, BARNSTAPLE, EX31 4RJ

Proposal: Listed Building Consent for alterations to studio (part retrospective). Approved with Conditions. The Council noted this decision

/6 62/50/19/013

Rowley Moor Farm, Parracombe, Devon

Proposed conversion of stables to one Local Needs Affordable dwelling. – Under consideration by Officers

/7 62/50/20/004

Location: Land in Field to the North of the A39 West of Holwell Wood, and Land on Access track to Rowley Barton. Proposal: Proposed reinstatement of railway line, creation of cutting and embankment previously removed together with new railway bridge. (amendment to approved application ref 62/50/16/001) – Registered. Not yet decided

16/10/20 Finance:

/1 Additional payments made since the last notification of the Agenda: –

A Cut Above Grass cutting £ 170.00 – Bank Transfer

Heidi Baker Signs Tree plaque £ 70.00 – Bank Transfer

Precept £ 5024.87 – Income

Interest Lloyds Bank £ 0.01 – Income

/2 Financial report from the Clerk

The Clerk summarised the accounts

/3 Annual Governance and Accountability Return 2019/20 Part 2

The Clerk reported that these had been approved by the external auditors

/4 Parish Council Insurance

It was agreed that Cllr. Austin investigate the insurance of the Village Hall and that the Clerk to obtain insurance for the Parish Council – Action Cllr. Austin & Clerk

17/10/20 Roles and Responsibilities

/1 PROWS: Footpaths & Bridleways:

Nil to report

/2 Highways: Signage/Drains/potholes and surface:

It was reported that Highways will be clearing the drains very soon and that the pothole by the school had been reported

/3 Trees and Playing field equipment:

Cllr. Bastock reported that she had an on-site meeting with Mark Collins (A Cut Above). Mr. Collins had quoted £200 for clearing overgrown branches along the footpath and to look at the chain link fence. Cllr. Bastock stated a new seat for the rocker equipment is required and that she would confer on site with Mr. Collins

/4 Emergency Planning and Snow warden:

Nil to report but the Clerk offered to send Cllr. Harding the emergency plan of Lydford-on-Fosse to peruse. – Action Clerk

/5 Liaison with school and Church:

Cllr. Harding said that the church is due to reopen 8th November for a Remembrance service at 10.45am outside

/6 Website and publicity, communications:

Nil to report except that the Trust (PCT) will be having their own page on the village website

/7 Liaison with PCT:

Nil to report

/8 Planning noting applications contact for affected parties and applicants & LPA

Nil to report

/9 Finance:

As above. Item 16/10/20

/10 Human resources:

Nil to report

18/10/20 Opportunities for nature recovery

To be discussed at the next meeting

19/10/20 Strategic review/aims and objectives

To be discussed at the next meeting

20/10/20 Parish Council Logo

Cllr Austin reported that there had been no progress

21/10/20 Scheme of Delegation

Cllr. Harding reported that this item will be signed off at the next meeting and that the Standing Orders then will need to be changed

22/10/20 Correspondence

Nothing to report

23/10/20 To confirm the date of the next meeting

The date of the next meeting was confirmed as Tuesday 3rd November 2020

24/10/20 Items for the next agenda

To look at the buying of zoom rather that have two broken meeting in the evenings. – Action Clerk

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: