Minutes 4 August 2020

DRAFT – Subject to approval at the next council meeting

A virtual meeting of the above-named Parish Council held on Tuesday 4th August 2020 at 7.30pm using Zoom as the internet meeting tool. The meeting was held in two parts, being forty minutes in duration each, with a ten-minute break in between.

Present: – Cllr’s. S. Cheetham, D Harding, and J. Holtom (Chairman) District Cllr. J Patronas

Also, in attendance, four members of the public together with the Clerk

01/08/20 The Chairman welcomed all to the meeting

02/08/20 Open Public Participation Session

  1. A member of the public requested use of the tennis court area to be used as a fitness club one day a week. This was agreed and she was asked to complete the booking form with the Clerk
  2. A basket making workshop group requested to place a marquee on the playing field. This was agreed with the normal stipulations relating to the use of the field. The Clerk will ask Cllr. Austin to put the booking form on the village website
  3. A member of the public pointed out that the letter that had been put on the website referring to the proposed extension to the railway was factually incorrect. The Chairman pointed out that the letter had nothing to do with the Parish Council and that she should take the matter up with the author of the letter
  4. A Member of the public reported that the rubbish on the railway track behind Heddon Hall had at last been cleared

03/08/20 Police Report

Nil

04/08/20 County Council Report

Nil

05/08/20 District Council Report
1. District Councillor J Patrinos reported that the new blue coloured bins to be used for glass recycling will be delivered to households in the next month or two.

  1. The district leisure centre and swimming pool will be open next month
  2. Electric charge points for cars were to be put in place in Lynton
  3. The twenty-eight-day ruling in the E.N.P.A. had been extended to fifty-six days relating to the change of land use.
  4. It was requested that parish Councils should give reasons for and against their recommendation to the planning authorities concerning responses to planning applications

Closed Council session
06/08/20 Apologies

Apologies had been received from Cllr’s. Davis, Bastock and Austin. Also, PCSO Grace had sent hers

07/08/20 Declarations of Member’s Interests
Cllr. Holtom voiced his interest in 12/08/20 as a committee member

08/08/20 To approve and to sign the Minutes of the meetings held on 7th July 2020

Proposed by Cllr. Harding seconded by Cllr. Cheetham and carried as the Minutes for July being correct

09/08/20 Matters arising

The Parish Council proposed logo to be an agenda item for the next meeting

10/08/20 Casual vacancy for Parish Councillor

No further information

11/08/20 Possible merger with Trentishoe Parish update

No feedback as yet was reported from the letter on the website

12/08/20 Parracombe Community Trust

/1 Progress on the village shop

The Chairman reported that the shop share offer had been approved

/2 Affordable housing project

This has now been approved by the District Council to be moved onto the next stage

/3 Village Hall

The Chairman reported that there was good community spirit and co-operation especially in this time of ‘lock-down’

13/08/20 Planning applications – new

Nil

Pending or resolved by ENPA (4)

/1 62/50/20/009

Location: HEALE FARM, PARRACOMBE, BARNSTAPLE, EX31 4QE

Proposal: Proposed erection of agricultural building (9.1m x 18.2m), together with the levelling of site. Part retrospective. – Approved with Conditions

The Council noted this decision

/2 62/50/19/013

Rowley Moor Farm, Parracombe, Devon

Proposed conversion of stables to one Local Needs Affordable dwelling. – Under consideration by Officers

/3 62/50/20/004

Location: Land in Field to the North of the A39 West of Holwell Wood, and Land on Access track to Rowley Barton. Proposal: Proposed reinstatement of railway line, creation of cutting and embankment previously removed together with new railway bridge. (amendment to approved application ref 62/50/16/001) – Registered. Not yet decided

The Chairman summarised the post between Heddon Hall and L&BR but stated that the Council should not get involved with this matter but to focus on representing the parishioners to the best of their ability. To this end he recommended that PPC should again object to any erosion of the Grampian Conditions and for this application to run in conjunction with the extant consent, to reinforce the past comments made to the planning department but also ask for an extension to the time line so that all Councillors can read and understand the amendments before the next meeting. This was agreed -Action Clerk

It was also suggested that the Council invite the planning officer (Joe White) to a meeting with the Council and interested members of the public, to go through the legal implications of the application but not to hear arguments for and against. – Action Clerk

/4 62/50/20/006

Location: Land to the North West of Holworthy Farm, Parracombe, Barnstaple, Devon, EX31 4RL

Proposed Succession Farm Workers dwelling and farm office (Amended description) This has now been approved with conditions. The Council noted this decision

14/08/20

/1 Additional payments made since the last notification of the Agenda: –

South West Water Pavilion £ 71.48 – Bank Transfer

A Cut Above Grass cutting £ 170.00 – Bank Transfer

A Cut Above Grass cutting £ 170.00 – Bank Transfer

Interest £ 0.05 – Interest

Woodentops Tree Care Playing field work £ 180.00 – Bank Transfer

Parracombe PCC Donation under Sec 137 £ 100.00 – Cheque

A Cut Above Grass cutting £ 170.00 – Bank Transfer

The following payments are due to be approved for payment: –

Nil

/2 Financial report from the Clerk

The Clerk had nothing new to report from appendix A

15/08/20 Roles and Responsibilities

/1 PROWS: Footpaths & Bridleways:

The Chairman stated that the Council had received a letter of complaint by a visitor complaining of some poor state of footpath and styles. The Clerk had replied to this letter

Scaffolding in Bodley Lane had been dealt with and some poor state of repairs to styles had been reported to the ENPA Ranger for attention

/2 Highways: Signage/Drains/potholes and surfaces

Nil

/3 Trees and Playing field equipment:

Play equipment update:

The Chairman thanked Cllr. Harding and Mark for their work on making the playground safer

Grass cutting update:

The Clerk reported that ‘The Cut Above’ had been in touch and asked for an extra grass cut as the grass was growing faster than expected. This was agreed. – Action Clerk

/4 Emergency Planning and Snow warden:

Nil

/5 Liaison with school and Church:

Cllr. Harding reported that the year 6 children had returned to school for a week to say their ‘goodbyes’ and that there was to be a service for them in Lynton on 23rd August to celebrate their time at the school

/6 Website and publicity, communications:

The Clerk read out the three quotations he had received from his letter inviting tenders for the weekly work. It decided unanimously to accept the quotation from ‘Heddon Valley Marketing’ for the next three years as being the cheaper of the three – Action Clerk

/7 Liaison with PCT:

This item had already been dealt with in item 12/08/20

/8 Planning noting applications contact for affected parties and applicants & LPA

Nil

/9 Finance:

This item had already been dealt with in item 14/08/20

/10 Human resources:

The be left till the next meeting

16/08/20 Speed signs on wheelie bins

The slate design for the tree plaque was approved to be ordered as well as the 20mph signs for the wheelie bins. 100 of them

17/08/20 Strategic review/aims and objectives

To be left till the next meeting

18/08/20 BT Telephone boxes

The Chairman reported that we had again registered the Councils requirement to keep them and the Clerk reported that the form had been filled and sent to NDC

19/08/20 Clerk’s annual review

This had been completed

20/07/20 Scheme of Delegation

To be left to the next meeting

21/07/20 Correspondence

The Clerk read a letter of thanks from Mrs Highton on behalf of the PC of thanks to the PPC for their donation

22/08/20 To confirm the date of the next meeting

Tuesday 1st September 2020 was confirmed as the date of the next meeting when Mick Harrison from the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner will be giving a talk

23/08/20 Items for the next agenda

The Clerk was asked to contact P.S.C.O. Grace to put her in the picture as to the excessive motorbike noise in the village and the selfish timing of the activity. The Chairman to pass the address concerned to the Clerk – Action Clerk and Chairman

The meeting closed at 21.00

Parracombe Admin

Administrator for Parracombe community web site.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: