Minutes 8 September 2020

A virtual meeting of the above-named Parish Council held on Tuesday 8th September 2020 at 7.30pm
using Zoom as the internet meeting tool. The meeting was held in two parts, being forty minutes in duration each, with a ten-minute break in between.

Present: – Cllr’s. S. Bastock, S. Cheetham, D Harding, and J. Holtom (Chairman), Cllr. S. Cheetham

Also, in attendance, five members of the public together with the Clerk

DRAFT minutes

01/09/20 The Chairman welcomed all to the meeting

Open Public Participation Session

02/09/20 Police Report

There was no report given but the police email report had been circulated earlier and the points noted

03/09/20 County Council Report

County Councillor A Davis Arrived after item 13/09/20 and gave her report then: –

She reported by stating 90% of pupils have returned to school in the County during the first week back.
That the Covid 19 caused 42 cases in Devon during the last week three of which were in North Devon. She asked for all members of the public to be vigilant during this growing Covid 19 crisis
The North Devon link road was having tree surgery to deal with the died or dying Ash trees and that the road would be closed at nights later in November. Notices will be erected

Cllr. Davis requested that all members of the public report potholes or other road problems through the Devon County Council website pages and not on social media. The website gets checked daily

04/09/20 District Council Report

Although District Councillor J Patrinos was not at the meeting he asked the Chairman to announce that a business grant was available in Lynton up to £100,000

05/09/20 Exmoor National Park Authority update

The Chairman stated that because of the cuts from central government the ENPA were looking at varies ways to raise money by investigating possible revenue from planning applications, car parking and looking at pre planning applications.

Closed Council session
06/09/20 To receive apologies for absence

Cllr. H Bloore, District Councillor J Patrinos and PCSO Grace

07/09/20 Declarations of Member’s Interests
Cllr. Holtom voiced his interest in 12/09/20 as a membership of the Community Trust

08/09/20 To approve and to sign the Minutes of the meetings held on 4th August 2020

The minutes were signed by the Clerk after all agreed they were correct

09/09/20 Matters arising

Cllr Harding stated that she will update at the next meeting the plaque on the tree for Jemma and Tim Holland

10/09/20 Casual vacancy for Parish Councillor
No progress was made

11/09/20 Possible merger with Trentishoe Parish update

The Clerk reported that he had received one email from a parishioner that he would circulate to the Members – Action Clerk

12/09/20 Parracombe Community Trust

/1 Progress on the village shop

Cllr. Austin said that the share offer had been launched and that £31,000 had been pledged which is 22% of the required figure

/2 Community share investment

All members were agreed, in principle, of a pledge, by the Parish Council, of £12.000. Proposed by the Chairman and seconded by Cllr. S Bastock. It was agreed to ring-fence these funds until such a time came for them to be used. The Clerk was asked to write an explanation letter to the website and noticeboards to explain what the Parish Council had in mind – Action Clerk

/3 Affordable housing project

The chairman reported that they had received three sets of draft plans from different architects and there will be a meeting with each submitting architect. The community will be engaged as much as possible in this process

/4 Village Hall

It was reported that the hall had now reopened but concern was raised about the leaking roof

13/09/20 Planning applications – new (5)

/1 62/50/20/010

Location: COURT PLACE FARM, PARRACOMBE, BARNSTAPLE, EX31 4RJ

Proposal: Proposed alterations to studio (part retrospective)

The Council felt this was a reasonable use of the outbuilding but were once again sorry that this application was part retrospective. The Council are happy that this application proceeds according to policy

/2 62/50/20/011LB (Listed Building Consent)

Location: COURT PLACE FARM, PARRACOMBE, BARNSTAPLE, EX31 4RJ

Proposal: Listed Building Consent for alterations to studio (part retrospective).

The Council felt this was a reasonable use of the outbuilding but were once again sorry that this application was part retrospective. The Council are happy that this application proceeds according to policy

/3 WTCA 20/08

Location: PENCOMBE HOUSE, PARRACOMBE, BARNSTAPLE, EX31 4PE

Proposal: Works to trees in Conservation Area Crown reduction T1 and remove T2 to ground level

The Parish Council agreed to support this application on safety grounds and the necessity for the work to take place

/4 WTCA 20/09

Location: IVY COTTAGE, PARRACOMBE, BARNSTAPLE, EX31 4RJ
Proposal: Works to Trees in Conservation Area: Removal of five Leylandii conifer trees to promote two beech trees growing next to them and to relieve excessive shading.

The Parish Council agreed to support this application on safety grounds and the necessity for the work to take place

/5 WTCA 20/10
Location: SOUTH HILL HOUSE, PARRACOMBE, BARNSTAPLE, EX31 4PE

Proposal: Works to Trees in Conservation Area: Ash (T1) – removal of 60cm stem diameter showing advanced die back Ash (T2) – removal of 45cm stem diameter showing advanced die back Ash (T3) – remove lower limbs overhanging garden with signs of die back Oak (T4) (Quercus Ilex) crown reduction to reduce height, shading and stress on split stem

Cllr. Austin voiced his interest in this item and took no further part during the discussion save but to explain the need for felling of the trees.

The Parish Council agreed to support this application on safety grounds and the necessity for the work to take place

Pending or resolved by ENPA (3)

/6 62/50/19/013

Rowley Moor Farm, Parracombe, Devon

Proposed conversion of stables to one Local Needs Affordable dwelling. – Under consideration by Officers

/7 62/50/20/004

Location: Land in Field to the North of the A39 West of Holwell Wood, and Land on Access track to Rowley Barton. Proposal: Proposed reinstatement of railway line, creation of cutting and embankment previously removed together with new railway bridge. (amendment to approved application ref 62/50/16/001) – Registered.Not yet decided

/8 62/50/20/006

Location: Land to the North West of Holworthy Farm, Parracombe, Barnstaple, Devon, EX31 4RL

Proposed Succession Farm Workers dwelling and farm office (Amended description) – Approved with conditions

The three above applications were noted

County Councillor Davis left the meeting

14/09/20 Finance:

/1 Additional payments made since the last notification of the Agenda: –

Clark salary for June & July £ 239.04 – Cheque

EDF Energy Estimated pavilion invoice £ 39.73 – Bank Transfer

A Cut Above Grass cutting £ 170.00 – Bank Transfer
A Cut Above Grass cutting £ 340.00 – Bank Transfer

/2 Financial report from the Clerk

The Clerk reported that the annual insurance for the hall was due (£574.54) It was agreed that the Clerk would send the invoice to Cllr. Austin for the village hall approvement to pay – Action Clerk & Cllr. Austin

/3 Annual Governance and Accountability Return 2019/20 Part 2

The Clerk reported the situation with the External auditors and the necessity to complete the forms as soon as possible. To this end it was agreed to send the form to the Chairman for signing and he in turn would pass it on to the Internal auditor for signing. The Clerk would collect from her and sign and post off. – Action Chairman and Clerk

/4 NALC pay awards April 2020

It was proposed by Cllr. Bastock, seconded by the Chairman and carried unanimously that the Clerk pay increase would be in line with NALC awards

15/09/20 Roles and Responsibilities Reports if warranted

/1 PROWS: Footpaths & Bridleways:
Nothing to report

/2 Highways: Signage/Drains/potholes and surfaces:

It was agreed to put on the village website a link to DCC reporting defects page -Action Cllr. Austin

/3 Trees and Playing field equipment:

Cllr. Bastock reported that some play items had now been decommissioned but this left a bare concrete base. Discussion took place and it was agreed to leave the bases until such time as work started on the new shop and perhaps diggers then could remove them. The Clerk reported that he had heard that the chain link climbing frame was in a dangerous condition and Cllr. Bastock offered to check. – Action Cllr. Bastock

/4 Emergency Planning and Snow warden:
Nothing to report

/5 Liaison with school and Church:

Cllr. Harding reported that Lynton church had now reopened but Parracombe still remains closed

/6 Website and publicity, communications:
As above

/7 Liaison with PCT:
As above

/8 Planning noting applications contact for affected parties and applicants & LPA
As above

/9 Finance:

As above

/10 Human resources:

Nothing to report

16/09/20 Speed signs on wheelie bins

Cllr. Harding reported that the signs had now arrived, and discussion took place as to distribution. It was agreed to publicise the availability

17/09/20 Strategic review/aims and objectives

To be left to the next meeting

18/09/20 Parish Council Logo

It was agreed to publish on the website to invite people to design a logo if they wished – Action Cllr Austin

19/09/20 Scheme of Delegation

Cllr. Harding offered to complete this task and email to all Councillors to be discussed at the next meeting – Action Cllr. Harding

20/09/20 Correspondence

Nothing to report

21/09/20 To confirm the date of the next meeting

The date of the next meeting was confirmed as: – Tuesday 6th October 2020

22/09/20 Items for the next agenda

Nil, but concern was voiced at the change of sign at Heddon Valley Inn. The Chairman agreed to speak to The National Park Authority – Action Chairman

The meeting closed at 20.56

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: